Friday, January 23, 2015

The Kids' Adventure in Madera!

My superhero mom (and dad and sister) agreed to watch the kids so Kent and I could go on our 10 year anniversary trip. I knew the kids would be fine because they are so at home in Madera. I was only slightly concerned about Seth because he still can't talk and so it is just harder to know he understands what is going on and that we will come back for him. AND I was worried about my mom. Not because she couldn't do it, but just because I know what I have to do every day and felt like I was just dumping my responsibilities on her and that it would just be so stressful! And in fact, the first time we talked on the phone she said "Allison, I don't know how you get anything done!". Honestly it was kind of validating lol! They got into a routine she said by the end but I'm sure her descriptions over the phone like "it's hectic" were softened blows ha ha!

Here we are hanging out with the Hansens (both families =o] ) on Saturday. 


Jenna got to open her Christmas present from Uncle Jonathan. 



On Sunday we left during church to catch our flight. The last image I had of the kids was Natalie and Caleb happily heading to their primary classes, and my mom walking back inside the building holding both Jenna and Seth who were crying and clinging to their blankets to try and attend nursery. (They ended up in the hall.) Like I said, she is a superhero! 

These pictures are all from my mom. I guess you will have to ask her for the full report! =o]

They went to the Fresno Zoo and met up with Donny and Christine and Evelyn again. 


Seth lost his shoe. (I knew I should have sent him with his old ones!!)










Apparently, Natalie had to say a tearful goodbye to this puppy. 




Every time we called to talk to them they sounded like they were having a busy fun time!

Our flight was delayed because of fog, so that threw a bit of a wrench in the homecoming party, but the kids were so happy to see us! I couldn't believe how much they had grown in just a week and how happy I felt to be reunited with them! Smiling so big and giving them each a huge hug was a sweet experience. We handed out some souvenirs and then packed up the car to head home! It was such a long day of traveling but somehow we made it back. 


 I am so grateful we have family we can trust with our children. The kids said they had a great time! In fact it was such a good experience all around, I told my mom to rest up and then gear up for our 15th anniversary! =o]



UPDATE: I also found these pictures in text messages from my mom in my phone and I couldn't just leave them out! =o]







No comments:

Post a Comment