Thursday, January 22, 2015

The 12 Days of Christmas Part 2

I wish I would have done this post sooner. SO MUCH has happened since we had these experiences that the memories aren't as vivid as I'd like them to be. These were treasured days to me because it felt like the calm before the storm. We knew that we would hit the ground running after Hawaii through the beginning of March and so these few precious days we just let be. We were just home together for some unscheduled time!
Again, I'll borrow from Facebook:
Tonight the kids all received a blessing to start off the new year right! More than anything I think priesthood blessings help us to feel more LOVE in our lives- the love God has for us and the love we have for each other. The looks on their faces as I peeked up at them from taking notes during their blessings were priceless!
And again, here is a page from our book:

On the 8th Day of Christmas we go to the temple to commemorate Mary and Joseph taking Jesus to the temple after He was circumcised on the eighth day of His life. This year we visited the Redlands Temple. I forgot our jackets so Caleb was "freezing" the whole time lol! Other than that it was a peaceful and fulfilling experience. 




(Natalie, AKA the traditionalist, always has to do a jumping picture!)




Somehow we missed Caleb by the fountain so we took one by the car!

Families can be together forever! I'm so grateful for my family!!


Here is my fb post from the next day:
Today we are listening to The Messiah as we drive. Music is inspirational and strengthening! Don't you agree? Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without music I say! I love bearing my testimony of the reality of Christ and the details of His birth through song!
Want to know something adorable about my husband that you might never have guessed? He loves this oratorio and contentedly sang or hummed along for the ENTIRE time! I LOVED singing with him at the top of our lungs with the kids staring at us in shock on more than one occasion during the drive and I felt so blessed and happy to be married to this wonderful man! Seriously, I can't think of a more endearing way to begin an anniversary trip. 

Now, the last few days are kind of a jumble because we weren't together for them. There is supposed to be a day to focus on Jesus being obedient when we talk about His baptism. There is a day to talk about fasting and feasts and then there is Epiphany Day itself. 
I gave my mom the kids' three gifts each to open on the morning of January 6th, but Kent opened his the night before we left for Hawaii so we wouldn't have one more thing to take on the plane. They each received a book, something I made for them, and a coupon for a class or other special experience. 

Here are the kids on Twelfth Night at their Three Kings Feast. My mom said it was too crazy the next morning and she forgot to take pictures of them opening the gifts. I'm so grateful she would carry on these traditions for the kids in our absence!

Next year, I think the time will be a bit more stable and we will be able to more deeply enjoy the second half of the 12 Days of Christmas. But hooray for the great memories we did make!

1 comment:

  1. that first family selfie is PRECIOUS!!! I love it! so genuine and happy. Golly, Natalie is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete