Saturday, January 24, 2015

House Hunting Trip to Utah!

When we got back from Hawaii/Madera we turned around and three days later went to Utah to find a house to buy. I will forever be grateful that Kent is so interested in this process because then he does most of it! =o] In other words I know that he would choose something better than I would so I just kind of hang on for the ride!
We got in on Friday night, and then Kent was gone all day Saturday finding an awesome house with our realtor while I got to be with my sister and the kids got to play with their cousins! Win-win-win! Of course we played in the snow. It was A LOT of work, but also a lot of fun! =o]





Rebecca's house is already so cutely decorated! And I'm so excited for them and their plans for the unfinished basement! 

On Sunday we went to their Stake Conference which went surprisingly well and I actually got to hear the majority of an AWESOME talk about the sacrament that I am totally going to turn into an FHE lesson sometime. Then after church Rebecca and Eric graciously watched the kids (minus Jenna lol) so Kent could take me with the realtor to see his top five choices. They were all amazing homes, but I fell in love with one floor plan after walking through and luckily it was his first choice too! So we arrived back home just as they were sitting down to dinner (the poor soldiers!! at least uncle Derek had come to try and help ha ha) and Rebecca had even made a birthday cake for the four January birthday-ers! Katelyn, taking after her thoughtful mother, had even made us each an adorable card and prepared some games to play for a party. Then we packed up the car and drove home because Kent was heading out the next morning on a business trip. 

So despite being a whirlwind of a trip, it served it's purpose! Thanks for hosting us Murrays!

UPDATE: I forgot to say that the house we are buying is in South Jordan! It is being built by Perry Homes and is their "Chapman" model if you'd like to take a look:
http://www.perryhomesutah.com/home-designs/chapman
We are beyond excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment