Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kent's Birthday!

Kent's birthday was pretty low key too. We each made him a card with a coupon attached instead of a present because hey, it's just more stuff to move at this point. =o]
I got up super early and made him a special breakfast, and while we waited the last few minutes until the made-from-scratch-apple-cinnamon-muffins were done we got to have a relaxed heart warming conversation. We are so blessed to have each other! I love celebrating people on their birthdays and letting them know how much I love them!
While Kent was at work we got ready the best surprise he could ever want- a clean house! Trust me, it was a ton of work and he was super happy and grateful. =o] 
Since he got home late and we had already eaten, I got out one of his mission photo albums to show the kids. He had a great time reminiscing and telling stories and the kids LOVED it! Then he opened his presents. 

We still had cake left over from Caleb's party and even my birthday so we opted for a batch of some of his favorite cookies to make ice cream sandwiches with instead. 


Seth was LOVING the ice cream and Kent and the kids had a great time taking turns pretending to be Seth scarfing his dessert or commentating his every move. It was so fun to laugh together so hard!

Then while I put Seth to bed Kent and the kids played games in the dark with these glow in the dark balloons. It would have provided HOURS of entertainment had we let the fun continue! I seriously think we are going to get some for our emergency storage for when the electricity goes out. 

After the kids were in bed Kent and I discussed some house stuff and watched a movie while I folded laundry. Like I said, low key. But hopefully he still felt celebrated and loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment