Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Day

Partner Author for this post: Kent!

(He contributed many of the pictures! And he arranged all the plans with his brother Russ so really the whole beautiful day was thanks to them! When I asked if he wanted to say anything about it, he said he just loves getting to read what we write so go ahead. =o] ) 

(We are studying geology this summer, so on all our hikes we will be identifying rocks and rock formations. Super cool!!)

(Turns out there was snow!)




(Have I mentioned how much I love my sister-in-law D'Ann? Well I do. She is the sweetest girl and my kids all adore her. She is also a hiker extraordinaire!)





(We set up the net for badminton and volleyball. Such a blast!!)


(We went to the graves of Kent's grandparents. On the way we read the kids the story of how they met from our love stories book. While there Russ and Kent shared memories about them. It was cool.)

(I picked them some flowers from our yard. I love giving the gift of home grown flowers!!)


(We tried grilling the corn on the cob and they turned out PERFECT!!)








(Russ texted us a picture of Nan's grave that night once he got back to Provo.)

(I am so grateful for our ancestors who have gone before us and who paved the way for us on the earth. We own much of who we are to them. I love doing Family History work. I love doing Generational work. I learn SO MUCH from my ancestors and am grateful for their love and sacrifices for us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment