Sunday, February 9, 2014

Birthdays: Part 1

i turned 30 this year and i'm cool with that. i don't feel "old" but i don't really feel young either. i just feel like me. here i am! new haircut and everything... look at all those smile wrinkles... i hope they just keep getting deeper!


anyway, this was probably like my best birthday ever! i felt so loved by so many people! kent was especially thoughtful. it was oh so nice =o]

some of my friends threw me a little party at the park with lunch and cupcakes and ice cream. it was super fun! there are so many cute kind young moms in this ward!

i opened some presents throughout the day including these- meet Fred and George (yes Weasley) the aloe vera plant twins for my kitchen window box. i love them and have used some of this Balm of Gilead already. 


kent brought home dinner and we opened some presents before i put seth to bed. my favorite present was 30 text messages that i got throughout the day from kent telling me reasons why he loves me. a close second was all the memories my family and friends shared with me on facebook of times we had together- i LOVED it and i'm so grateful they took the time to answer my request =o] 

photo bomb lol kids are so fun!

kent got me an ice cream cake this year which we all enjoyed- especially all the candles!



 birthdays are such a great tradition and i'm so glad our culture celebrates people in this way. just the joy of life and having lived it another year! i love taking the time out to show and receive love in a different way once a year! so thank you all for making mine special!

1 comment: