Sunday, August 4, 2013

Happenings with The Hansens

Grandma and Grandpa Hansen
I am so grateful for the chance my children had to get to know my Hansen grandparents, and to see them on a regular basis. they love them! they were always so kind and brought us something every time they would stop by- such generous, sweet people!



the kids especially love them because of all the special treats they receive from them. grandma snuck jenna a piece of chocolate while I was buckling the other two in the car one time after a visit. I didn't want to cause a scene so I didn't try to take it away. this is what I found when we got home- she had somehow opened it and made a huge mess!

when my sisters came to visit in april we went to chowchilla and met up with my cousin and her kids- just like old times!


Grammy and Grandpa Jamie
what would we have done without my mom? I honestly don't know. she means the world to us! here are some shots of grammy and the kids at the library- what a blessing to have a librarian grandma!

jenna is signing book =o]

Natalie was so proud that her grammy was the librarian!



the kids with grandpa Jamie. between bedtime stories, projects in the yard, building fires, and nighttime astronomy lessons, the kids got to spend some quality time with him despite his long working hours.
 
jenna loved feeling his wiskers.
 
here we are during one of the last weeks we lived in madera on our trip to ihop. caleb has a problem holding still so grammy came up with a plan to try and help him stay seated at the table by telling him that if they didn't get up once during dinner on five separate occasions she would take us out to dinner. Natalie finished hers like the first five nights of the challenge. caleb took months to do it, but he finally did and this is where he choose to go. why? who knows. did he stay seated at the restaurant? nope. but it was still fun =o]

Uncle Donny and Aunt Christine
we only got to see them twice when they came to visit, but it was still great! here is caleb helping Donny build a fire (caleb was an expert fire-building-helper by the end of our stay)
 
and here is Christine and I (due one month apart!) at her baby shower =o]


Uncle Derek
we also only got to see Derek twice while there when he came to visit at Christmas and during the summer but he was still a blast as expected =o]




Uncle Jonathan
we got to live with jonathan for several weeks during the first part of his summer so he spent countless hours playing with the kids. they sure do love their uncle!






Aunt Melissa
Melissa was literally my life saver. she was basically the kids' nanny during my 'dark days' of morning sickness. she is just the right combination of craziness and patience to have fun with the kids and not get too annoyed in the process. she is going to be an awesome mom someday. it was also so good to get to know her as an adult friend, not just my little sister.
 
footsie Christmas pajamas!
 
playing funny bones


Melissa cut my hair for me when I donated it =o]




like I said, she loves my kids and they adore her!


 



 


 
this is just one example of the countless activities Melissa did with them (I was sick as a dog and didn't take as many pictures as I should have, besides, Melissa is the photographer anyway)


Aunt Jenae
ah jenae. definitely the hansen most effected by this move, poor girl. at least she didn't have to share her room lol! for the most part she was so busy with school and all her other activities that she didn't have to do much, but she did babysit for me on several occasions so I could go to the temple, for which I will always be grateful!
 
at the train station

showing the kids her FFA animals




 us in the Hansen Christmas play as shepherdesses

we went to cheer her on at one of her track meets 

they LOVE their aunt jenae!
 
 
I will be forever grateful that my family opened their hearts and their home to us. I could never repay them. I could never say thank you enough or in a way that would show how I actually feel. one of my favorite memories will always be that every night when we said family prayers with jenna before going to bed with whoever was home, they would hug and kiss and smile at my children with such love. oh how we needed that! we needed their love and support and testimonies, and they gave to us so freely. THANK YOU! WE LOVE YOU!!

1 comment: