Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Escape to SLO

I am going to blame it on the baby-brain that I totally forgot to include this trip in my summer post. kent went on a business trip for a week and so the kids and I escaped to San Luis Obispo to visit my grandparents to help pass the time. it was a fun (though loud) trip! we did all the things I remember doing when I was a kid and went to visit them. not pictured is playing dominoes, which we did each night and I got the cutest video.
eating ice cream cones for a special treat

taking she for a walk

playing at the school



playing at the beach- the kids all LOVED it and it was perfect weather












grandad was such a huge help and always lots of fun!


we went downtown with grandmom- to bubble gum alley



the creek

and the mission


grandmom was the perfect tour guide (though we think she was allergic to something in the creek bed =o/) 

the kids just adore she. Natalie wants to have a dog when she turns 8 and insisted that she and her dog toto are best friends.


caleb playing in one of the hanging chairs

my grammy is living with my grandparents so that was great for the kids to get to visit with her. I hope we didn't wear her out too much!



despite this picture, the kids all love grandmom and granddad so much and i'm so grateful they get to be a part of our lives!

2 comments: