Sunday, April 10, 2016

St. Patrick's Day!

Partner Writer for this post: Jenna!

(From fb: Happy wear green and eat sugar cereal for breakfast Day!
(St. Patrick, please accept my formal apology for what your holiday has become at my house.))
Delete this picture Mom! I don't like it because Caleb is in my picture! So DELETE!!
If only I was in the picture I would say that I'm eating cereal with marshmallows in it. 

(Turned out to be a great holiday!! We learned A TON and had so much fun!!!
After music and math in the morning, we went to the museum of curiosity. Always a hit! I got to confer with my awesome homeschooler cousin Kendra while driving there about the festivities we had both planned for the day and then totally stole some of her ideas! She is such an inspiration to me!)
We went to the museum of curiosity! And that's all I want to say, that there were play places.

Then we headed to Jamba Juice to pick up green smoothies to go with lunch. Delicious!!
We got different kinds than just green! But there's smoothies and juice at Jamba Juice!


(We learned the legends behind the four leaf clover and the shamrock and then wrote something we are grateful for on each leaf before coloring it in. Caleb's things were home, Jamba Juice, my body, and the kitchen table lol!)

Me and Seth are drawing a picture of a clover. We have FOUR leaf clovers, not a three leaf. 



(Then we read all our books about St. Patrick's Day (from my mom) and all the library books we got for today too. It was awesome! Did you know this holiday is actually about forgiveness, missionary work, and miracles? Well it is. Or at least it was. We made rainbows out of Legos, which didn't exactly turn out how I had imagined!)
We built rainbows!


(Then we did a treasure hunt! It was SUPER FUN!! The treasure was the cards we got from Grandma and Grandpa MacKay, and a certificate to go get a green dessert after dinner!)
Caleb found a big piece of paper with a clue! 


(Then what should have happened next was to clean up from school and the festivities, but instead I took the kids to spend $.90 of their dollar (a wee bit 'o green from grandma). This came back to bite me in a huge way later! But that's what we did. Then Jenna had dance class and when we got home it was time for dinner.)
We all got treats at the store that we got to choose ourself! And Mom, can I tell you something? Next year I want to get a bottle-pop from the store with my dollar!


(We had green eggs, baked potatoes, broccoli, and cottage cheese. Dinner of champions lol!)
We had dinner and that's all.


(Then after a traumatic round of clean up the house, we went out for ice cream!! All was right with the world again smile emoticon 
I am doing a sugar fast for Lent, but I added 5 extra days so that I could cheat randomly in the middle. Lame? Probably. And you know what, my mint ice cream with Oreos mixed in tasted so good I ate the whole thing and almost threw up when we got home. True story.)
We went to Cold Stone! 


(To end the day we filled out tithing envelopes. Each of them will give $.10 of the dollar they got. I also gave them each of quarter of my dollar to contribute to the missionary fund, since this holiday really is about the power of missionary work and how by small means great things are brought to pass.) 
We are holding our tithing! And I don't really want to say anything else about it. Can I play the Friend now on this computer? 


(I am so grateful to St. Patrick for the life he lead and the example of forgiveness he set! He was captured from England as a small boy and sold into slavery in Ireland where he tended sheep for 6 years until he escaped and returned home. He became a catholic priest and eventually a bishop and then went back to the very place he had been enslaved and taught them the gospel of Jesus Christ. He established the church there, performing miracles and doing good wherever he went. He stayed in Ireland serving the people until the day he died, March 17, 461. He was truly a saint! So Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I hope you made it a great day!!)

2 comments:

  1. funny Jenna girl, great job for youngest blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny Jenna girl, great job for youngest blogger

    ReplyDelete