Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mother's Day

i have always known i wanted to be a mother. i think i have always felt it is the most important work i can do. i am committed to motherhood and right now i spend almost all my time being a mom or doing things that have to do with being a mom and i'm cool with that. i have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation and the role of women in partnering with God to bring His precious children into the world. it is a sacred responsibility that i feel blessed, and little overwhelmed, to have. for me, being a mom is the most exhausting thing i have ever done, and i do it everyday. but being a member of a family is the most rewarding experience i have, or ever have had, so i stick with it. it is better to be busy than bored. it is better to go to bed worn out each day then to feel lonely and unproductive. it is better to love and be loved (despite the heartaches and headaches) than to never have that experience. what else would i be? what more important thing could i be doing? i LOVE my job!! i love my children! i'm thankful for them and all they teach me. they are better people than me. more humble. more forgiving and selfless. more joyful. they have so much faith! they are my best friends. well, them and kent. i hope they can rely on me. i hope they can feel how much i love them and how hard i am trying despite my many weaknesses. i feel like my main job is to just help them be the absolute best they can be by lovingly pointing them in the right direction and then sitting back to watch the magic happen =o] seriously though. every night i pray to be the best wife and mother i can be. each day i work to make it so!

kent and the kids did a great job making me feel special and loved on mother's day weekend! 
we went out to dinner at souplantation on saturday. we just love that place!

sunday morning while still dark i heard natalie leave her room and run downstairs to make me breakfast in bed! so sweet! i got half an untoasted bagel and a mug of milk. =o] it was even a new jug of milk and she didn't spill it- though when seth woke up and i went in to nurse him caleb tipped over my glass and soaked the cards she had made for me =o[

we tried (and FAILED) to get a picture before leaving for church



if you can't get out of it, get into it!

church was especially fulfilling and inspiring. how are anyone parents without the gospel??? i am so grateful for the support and encouragement i receive as a mother there! and i had the sweetest experience in relief society. a friend of mine just had a baby a couple months ago and she was standing on the side of the room bouncing her as it was starting. i saw a single sister in our ward offer to take her daughter and she sat rocking that baby with the most peaceful, joyous look on her face for the entire meeting. i was overwhelmed and brought to tears as the Spirit washed over me testifying that every woman has a mother heart, and that our Heavenly Parents are mindful of each of their precious daughters regardless of whether they get to marry and have children in this life or not. it was beautiful to witness my friend giving so freely, and this sister receiving so lovingly! it is one of those experiences that almost cheapens it to try and put it into words because it was so sacred to me. 

kent and the kids made a delicious meal, and plenty of cards to tide me over until next mother's day ;o] (notice the one that says "CTR Mom!" lol) not pictured are the essential oils i ordered with kent's consent as my present =o]

all in all mother's day made me even more glad to be a mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment